Handicap International (HI) is active in Viet Nam since 1992. The organization’s vision is of a world in which all forms of disabilities can be prevented, cared for or integrated, and in which the rights of people with disabilities are respected and applied. We are currently seeking a qualified and motivated person, Vietnamese nationality, to work for the “Safe Road for Routh” project in Bac Giang province (01 staff)and Binh Thuan province (01 staff) in the position of
Position type: Full time, contract term corresponds with project lifespan.
– 01 staff will work in Bac Giang province, with regular travel to project sites in 3 districts of Bac Giang and may travel – not frequently to Hanoi or other places in Vietnam for meeting.
– 01 staff will work in Binh Thuan province, with regular travel to project sites in 3 districts of Binh Thuan and may travel – not frequently to Hanoi or other places in Vietnam for meeting.
Interfacing: The Facilitation officer reports to and is supervised by the Site officer.
S/he will implement the project activities that may include trainings, facilitation, data collecting, advocating, etc. at community (field) level and directly work with the partners. S/he will be the community level focal person for the project activities.
MAIN TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Assist the Site Officer in the good implementation of the project action plan.
– Conduct activities as requested by the Site Officer: core group facilitation, local partners meetings and follow-up, quick assessment visits, etc…
– Collect data about road crashes and victims in the Province and in the target districts and update the road crashes board.
– Attend the coordination meetings with the partners and the project management committee meeting and support the project team in the organization of the meetings.
– Prepare the narrative part of the TOR of activities.
– Record minutes of meetings with partners if required.
– Support in all aspects of project delivery to achieve agreed project indicators.
– Regularly report to the Site Officer on all tasks completed and in process.
– Get feedback from beneficiaries on project activities.
– Participate in the project monitoring and evaluation.
– Track the completion of activities defined in the Project Action Plan and give suggestions for planned interventions.
– Is responsible for the implementation of the goals determined in his/her personal individual action plan and of the stakes in the Job Profile.
– Represents the project and HI at community level.
– Sensitize and mobilize local partners, authorities, professionals and community about road safety issues.
– Be responsible for taking pictures of all events
– File the documents as directed.
Perform such other functions and duties as the operation or exigencies of the project may require.
Apart from the specific terms stipulated above, with his/her common sense the employee will be willing to take on other tasks within his/her capacities in the event of emergency.
Selection Criteria and Qualifications
– University graduate
– Degree in social work and other related fields is prior.
– Experience in and ability to work with a variety/all levels of community partners
– Countable working experience with vulnerable groups in a community program and in development context
– A minimum of two years practical experience in the areas of disability / development, preferably in the NGO circle.
– Knowledge and experience in participatory community mobilization, awareness raising and support in training in the field,
– Excellent ability to quickly grasp and synthesize inputs from a range of disciplines
– Interest of working with pluri-disciplinary teams
– Ability to perform multi-task and meet deadlines
– Computer literate and effective abilities in Word, PowerPoint, Excel;
– Good English in both speaking and listening skills
– Ability to work independently, exercise judgment, meet deadlines and work under pressure;
– Sensitive to needs of marginalized population and people with disabilities;
– Communicating in a credible and effective way;
– Ability to travel frequently to project sites;
Applications should include:
– A resume/curriculum vitae (no more than 3 pages) summarizing qualifications and experience;
– An application letter (no more than two pages);
– 3 work referees and contact details.
Please indicate your expectation for remuneration/salary in your application
Submit applications by January 10th 2014
Email to: email@example.com
with cc to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people living with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. For detailed information on Handicap International, visit our website: www.handicapvietnam.org