Handicap International(HI)is active in Viet Nam since 1992. The organization’s vision is of a world in which all forms of disabilities can be prevented, cared for or integrated, and in which the rights of people with disabilities are respected and applied. We are currently seeking a qualified and motivated person, Vietnamese nationality, to work for the our “Decent Work and Social Protection for People with Disabilities project”in Bien Hoa city, Dong Nai province in the position of
Position type: Full time, contract term corresponds with project lifespan.
Location: Based in Bien Hoa, with regularly travel to project sites in Dong Nai.
Interfacing: The Operations officer reports to and is supervised by the Project Manager (PM)
S/he manages the implementation, monitoringand evaluationof the project, from planning to reporting, including logistic and financial activities.
MAIN TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
His/her responsibilities at a certain period will be determined by his/her Individual Action Plan of that period which covers the below tasks:
1. Project planning
– Prepare detailed activities work plan for Field officer (FO) and Local Coordinator Assistant (LCA) (weekly and monthly) based on the Project Operations Plan
2. Project implementation
– Support the direct implementation of project activities at field level
– Follow FO and LCA planning based on the Project Operations Plan
– Implement project activities following approach recommended by the Technical Support (TS) and following HI procedures and policies
– Work closely with FO and LCA.
– Maintain the project database with beneficiaries’ data and information
– Identify and produce the materials needed for the project
– Assist PM to implement Loan scheme
– Assist TS to implement Social Inclusion activities
3. Project monitoring
– Ensure the follow up of the project activities
– Assist the development of monitoring procedures and tools.
– Collect and file statistical data, information and photos regarding project activities
– Participate in project evaluation as requested.
– Identify potential difficulty (economic, social or other) that may impact beneficiaries’ integration process
4. Project reporting
– Ensure that the PM and TS are regularly informed about project activities including difficulties
– Provide information to assist the PM to produce reports as requested
– Consolidate FOs’ and LCA’s reports and meetings minutes.
– Assist the PM and TS in writing project documents (TOR, reporting, preparation of concept notes, etc.) if required.
5. Human Resource
– Directly manage FO and LCA and monitor their work basing on their Job Profiles and Individual Action Plan;
– Assist the PM in staff recruitment procedure;
– Conduct training and coaching to FO and LCA in term of socio-economic inclusion methodology and small business management under supervision of the TS.
6. Other tasks:
– Be available to receive technical training and briefing as required
– Availability for travel in-country
– Assist the Project Manager and Technical Support staff in writing project documents (TOR, reporting, preparation of concept notes, etc.) if required.
– Ensure good coordination, communication and relations with project team members and local partners
– Perform other functions and duties as the operation or exigencies of the project may require.
Apart from the specific terms stipulated above, with his/her common sense the employee will be willing to take on other tasks within his/her capacities in the event of emergency.
Selection Criteria and Qualifications
– Bachelor diploma
– Degree in social work and other related fields is prior
– Minimum 2-years of practical experience in project implementation with a development organization, preferably in the NGO circle.
– Familiar in working with Government agencies
– Case management
– Excellent participatory and cooperation facilitation, and coaching skills
– Strong computer and excellent communication skills
– Organizational skills in planning and priorities
– Team-player and highly motivated;
– Patience, perseveranceand stability;
– High intercultural sensitivity, good listeningskills, coaching oriented
– Teambuilding skills
– Ability to travel frequently to project sites.
Applications should include:
– A resume/curriculum vitae (no more than 3 pages) summarizing qualifications and experience;
– An application letter (no more than two pages);
– 3 work referees and contact details.
Please indicate your expectation for remuneration/salary in your application
Submit applications by January 10th 2014