Handicap International(HI)is active in Viet Nam since 1992. The organization’s vision is of a world in which all forms of disabilities can be prevented, cared for or integrated, and in which the rights of people with disabilities are respected and applied. We are currently seeking a qualified and motivated person, Vietnamese nationality, to fill the position of
Position type: Full time, 1 year contract and renewable.
Location: Based in Hanoi with at least 70% of his/her time will be devoted to field trips.
Interfacing: The Operational Coordinator reports to and is supervised by the Country Director.
The post holder will be based in Hanoi office, be the direct manager of the Project Managers and work in close collaboration with the Support Services Coordinator.
His/her key responsibilities are to guarantee and enhance the quality outcomes of all Handicap International projects in Vietnam, through project cycle management strategy, ensure adherence to project implementation plans, human resource management and support the project proposal development process.
The post will support the implementation of HI’s 2013-2016 strategy in Vietnam, by:
– Designing and implementing quality project cycle management standards and tools at programme and project level.
– Following up donor reporting, project proposal methodology and submission of proposals to donors.
– Ensuring appropriate Individual Progress Plan and annual assessment of Project Managers and establishing training programs for HI staff and partners,
MAIN TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Project Cycle Management
In collaboration with the Support Services Coordinator, implement planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting tools and procedures at the project level in compliance with Handicap International Monitoring and Evaluation Policy and Tools and donors requirements.
– Support in the development of monitoring tools to address project specific and general program qualitative and quantitative objectives, results, verifiable indicators, and activities in compliance with Handicap International standards and ethics policies.
– Monitor projects in relationship to log frame objectives, results, verifiable indicators, budget and activities.
– Provide technical guidance in the development and implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities.
– Initiate and coordinate monitoring and evaluation activities with partner organizations as needed.
– Collaborate with Project Managers and the Technical Advisors based in Lyon and Brussels to prepare monitoring and evaluation consultant terms of references.
– Oversee operational activities of project consultants and ensure the completion of all requirements stated in the terms of reference.
– Establish and maintain a system to measure, compile, analyze and report project data.
– Ensure an appropriate use of the information.
– In coordination with the Support Services Coordination, ensure an efficient follow up of Partnership agreements.
2. Project Development
Taking in account HI 2013-2016 strategy frameworkin Vietnam, ensure compliance of the projects and program with donor reporting and proposal application requirements and ensure fluid communication with other services (within the program and at Headquarter) for donors’ document finalization.
– Participate in identifying funding opportunities and under Country Director’s request take the lead in designing and drafting funding proposals in close collaboration with the Services Support Coordinator and the Technical Advisors based in Lyon and Brussels.
– Ensure that project proposals respect the donor’s expectations and guidelines.
– Provide project proposal development methodological support to project teams.
– Ensure fluid communication with headquarter regarding report and proposal finalization.
– Actively participate in meetings and other coordination forums at program and projects level.
3. Staff Development
In close coordination with the Support Services Coordinator, provide appropriate support and training to Project Managers and project team members in the implementation and regular review of the Project Cycle Management tools and quality standards.
– Assist in identifying and exploiting opportunities for the professional development of staff, including capacity building training, exchanges, formal performance reviews, and ongoing mentoring.
– Develop training programmes and offers, both for external and internal public.
– Develop and manage a pool of external training providers at regional level.
– Assess training needs of Handicap International team and partner organizations.
– Provide technical guidance and training to the project teams.
– Coordinate the development and testing of innovative methods for project cycle management and project development.
4. Specific missions
– Contribute to organization / organize special events (coordination meetings, project awareness events, external workshop, etc…).
– Contribute to organization of national workshop and/or trainings.
– Contribute to organization of HI missions and field visits.
– Represent HI in workshops, working groups and meetings or conferences.
– Advocate to public and private, national and international organizations and agencies to promote inclusion of disability issues.
Apart from the specific terms stipulated above, with his/her common sense the employee will be willing to take on other tasks within his/her capacities in the event of emergency.
Selection Criteria and Qualifications
|Diploma(s):||Higher education (through a degree and/or equivalent professional experience) in economics, social sciences, management or other discipline related to the profile|
|Experience:||At least 3-year-experience in development field, in management capacity including developing and managing a pool of project managers
3-year-experience in Project cycle management and Knowledge Management
2-year-experience in inclusive development, both in development and application
Experience of managing a multi cultural team
|Experience of managing a technical team|
Project cycle management
Monitoring and evaluation
Organizational and coordination skills
Liaising and partnership with multiple stakeholders
Creative and innovative
Ability to prioritize and deal effectively with a high work load
|Policy and strategy development process
|Personal qualities:||Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
High level of diplomacy
Practical problem solving
Ability to learn from others
Ability to be objective, to step back where necessary and to take a long term view
Ability to critically examine the pros and cons of situations
Ability to deal with and withstand stressful working conditions
Applications should include:
– A resume/curriculum vitae (no more than 3 pages) summarizing qualifications and experience;
– An application letter (no more than two pages);
– 3 work referees and contact details.
Please indicate your expectation for remuneration/salary in your application
Submit applications by January 16th 2014