Handicap International(HI)is active in Viet Nam since 1989. The organization’s vision is one of a world in which all forms of disabilities can be prevented, cared for or integrated, and in which the rights of people with disabilities are respected and applied.
Despite an increased awareness in Vietnam of the impact of brain lesions on the quality of life of persons with disabilities, there remain serious gaps in service provision and unmet individual needs. Based on the recently drafted National Action Plan For rehabilitation of the MOH, HI implements, with the support of USAID, a project of 5 years aiming to provide higher quality of life of Vietnamese persons with disabilities through improved rehabilitation and medical care management through the 1/ development of reference protocols , 2/ Capacity building for active professionals (health, rehabilitation, social) and the promotion of the 3/ Access to comprehensive approach and quality services to people with disabilities.The main activities will take place in Hanoi, Thai Binh, Hue, Ho Chi Minh and Dong Nai and the main stakeholders are provincial rehabilitation/ district hospitals, rehabilitation departments and universities.
We are currently seeking a qualified and motivated personto fill the position of
Position type: Full time, 1 year contract and renewable.
Location: Based in Hanoi while at least 50% of his/her time will be devoted to field trips.
Interfacing: The Operational Coordinator reports to and is supervised by the Country Project Manager (CPM).
The post holder will be based in Hanoi office, be the direct manager of the Project Managers(PM)and work in close collaboration with the Support Services Coordinator(SSC).
His/her key responsibilities are to guarantee and enhance the quality outcomes of all Handicap International projects in Vietnam, through project cycle management strategy, ensure adherence to project implementation plans, human resource management and support the project proposal development process.
The Country Project Manager is delegating the operational responsibility of project’s coordination, in regard of 2 pillars: operational and human resource.
The post will support the implementation of HI’s 2015-2020strategy in Vietnam, by:
· Designing and implementing quality project cycle management standards and tools at programme and project level.
· Following up donor reporting, project proposal methodology and submission of proposals to donors.
· Ensuring appropriate Individual Progress Plan and annual assessment of Project Managers and establishing training programs for HI staff and partners,
MAIN TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Project Development
· Participate in identifying funding opportunities
· Take the lead in designing and drafting funding proposals in close collaboration with the SSC and the CPM as well as the Technical Advisor (TA)based in Lyon and Brussels.
· Ensure that project proposals respect the donor’s expectations and guidelines.
· Support Project Managers in the establishment of new projects (opening, extension, closing)
· Ensure fluid communication with headquarter regarding report and proposal finalization.
· Actively participate in meetings and other coordination forums at program and projects level.
2. Project planning
· Develop, review and revise an annual work plan as well as an annual M&E plan for all projects with support from PM, CPM & TA.
· Participate to PMU meetings with stakeholders for quarterly operational plan.
3. Project implementation
· Support the Project Managers in the implementation of the projects
Contribute and enhance the capitalisation process ( identification of priority, definition of framework, centralisation of key documents, drawing up end of mission reports):
4. Project Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E)
· Collaborate with PM, CPM and the TA based in Lyon and Brussels to prepare M&E tools to address project specific and general program qualitative and quantitative objectives, results, verifiable indicators, and activities in compliance with Handicap International standards and ethics policies.
· Provide technical guidance in the development and implementation of M&E activities
· Initiate and coordinate M&E activities with partner organizations
· Monitor projects in relationship to log frame objectives, results, verifiable indicators, budget and activities
· Make sure all procedures are followed, according to both HI Vietnam, Vietnamese rules and donor rules
· Give analysis about project’s indicators upon request
· Collaborate with Project PM, CPM and the TA based in Lyon and Brussels to prepare consultant terms of references.
· Oversee operational activities of project consultants and ensure the completion of all requirements stated in the terms of reference
· In coordination with the SSC, ensure an efficient follow up of Partnership agreements.
· Follow up, spot check on-going activities for quality control
· Conduct regular monitoring missions to check the interventions’ quality
· Identify with partners and Project Manager the possible of re-orientation of the project
5. Project reporting
· Establish and maintain a system to measure, compile, analyze and report project data
· Ensure an appropriate use of the information.
· Ensure compliance of the projects and program with donor reporting and proposal application requirements and ensure fluid communication with other services (within the program and at Headquarter) for donors’ document finalization.
· Coordinate periodical reports: donor reports, internal reports (annual reports, information for website, newsletter…). Get validation from CPM
· Update indicators, achievements, activities and results according to the project Logistic frame: conduct quarterly review of the PME tools with PM (preparation review done with PM if any discrepancy with initial plan)
6. Communication and team management
· Act as a link between the projects, HI Vietnam direction, support office, Technical Advisors in HQ (with Director for strategic decisions)
· Ensure good communication between the project team and partners
· Establish relationship and attend meetings with other NGOs if appropriated
· Select and disseminate technical communication between HI, NGOs
· Prepare, participate and/or represent project at International / regional/ National conferences
· Establish a good communication within the team to prevent and solve eventual conflicts
· Supervise and motivate the team of Project Managers (assuring that yearly appraisals are done, identify training needs, ensure adequate coaching,…)
· Have regular meetings (weekly) with the Project Managers
· Support Project Managers to build their yearly individual action plan (IAP)
· Develop team building activities when appropriate and possible
· Identify needs for further or specific trainings, equipment, external support, and elaborate terms of references with HR services.
7. General term
· Apart from the specific terms stipulated above, with his/her common sense the employee will bewilling to take on other tasks within his/her capacities in the event of emergency.
· Advocate to public and private, national and international organizations and agencies to promote inclusion of disability issues
Selection Criteria and Qualifications
Master degree on development
Minimum 10-years practical experience in development
Experience of working with a multi-cultural team
Project cycle management
Monitoring and evaluation
Organizational and coordination skills
Liaising and partnership with multiple stakeholders
Creative and innovative
Ability to prioritize and deal effectively with a high work load
|Policy and strategy development process
|Personal qualities:||Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
High level of diplomacy
Practical problem solving
Ability to learn from others
Ability to be objective, to step back where necessary and to take a long term view
Ability to critically examine the pros and cons of situations
Ability to deal with and withstand stressful working conditions
Applications should include:
– A resume/curriculum vitae (no more than 3 pages) summarizing qualifications and experience;
– An application letter (no more than two pages);
– 3 work referees and contact details.
Please indicate your expectation for remuneration/salary in your application
Submit applications by October 23rd 2015