Handicap International(HI)is active in Viet Nam since 1992. The organization’s vision is of a world in which all forms of disabilities can be prevented, cared for or integrated, and in which the rights of people with disabilities are respected and applied. We are currently seeking a qualified and motivated person, Vietnamese nationality, to fill the position of
Position type: Full time, 1 year contract
Location: Based in Quang Tri, with regularly travel to project sites in Quang Tri.
Interfacing: The Operations Officer reports to and is supervised by the Project Manager.
S/he manages the establishment, implementation and follow- up of the project, from planning to monitoring and reporting.
MAIN TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
His/her responsibilities at a certain period will be determined by his/her Individual Action Plan of that period which covers the below tasks:
1. Prepare activities plan
· Prepare Yearly Operational Plan in coordinating with different partners based on the Project Document and partners’ MoU
· Organize meetings to discuss and agree with partners the project’s activities
2. Organize and implement activities
· Coordinate with relevant partners and stakeholders to organize the project’s activities at field level
· Support in direct implementation of project activities at field level in coordination with project team members and partners
· Ensure good coordination, communication and relations with the Project Manager and partners
· Support the elaboration of budgets related to project’ focus areas.
3. Monitoring, follow up activities and reporting
· Ensure the follow up and reporting of the activities that may include trainings, information campaign, facilitation, data collecting, advocating, etc
· Ensure coordination and information flow to the Field Administrator
· Set up and maintain hard and soft filing systems for records
· Support the elaboration of budgets related to project focus areas.
· Support in drawing up project documents (TOR, reporting, preparation of concept notes, etc.).
· Support in monitoring and coordination of different project activities and ensuring compliance with reporting requirements.
· Assist in data collection from the partners for project management
· Consolidate meetings minutes.
· Accompany monitoring and assist the project manager in the writing of project documentation.
Under delegation from the Project Manager
· Represents the project, ensuring the transmission of the image and ethics of HI to the local partners, authorities and the community on the field
· Communicate with partners, mass media, other government offices and stakeholders when appropriate
· Responsible for the implementation of the goals determined in his/her personal IPP and of the stakes in the Job Profile
· Perform other functions and duties as the operation or exigencies of the project may require.
Apart from the specific terms stipulated above, with his/her common sense the employee will be willing to take on other tasks within his/her capacities in the event of emergency.
Selection Criteria and Qualifications
|Diploma(s) :||University||Degree in social work and other related fields such as Public Health is prior|
|Experience||Minimum 2-years practical experience in his/her field and in project management with a national/international development organization|
|Competencies (knowledge, capacities required)||Excellent participatory facilitation and coaching skills
Experience of working with multi-cultural and/or pluri-disciplinary teams
Fluency in writing and speaking in English (and in one local language)
Excellent leadership and communication skills
Strong computer skills
Excellent communication skills
Advanced computer skills in Word and Excel and PowerPoint
|Experience in coordination
Experience with writing and communication responsibilities
Experience in areas such as Public Health/Gender/Disability/Rights/Community Development/
Knowledge and experience in facilitating the meetings or workshops
Capacity to transfer skills and knowledge.
Time Management skills
|Personal qualities :||Planning, organizing and coordinating skills with the ability to plan team’s work, prioritize tasks and to work efficiently under time pressure.
Relational skills: working in/with a team
Adaptability – Apprenticeship
|Initiative – Anticipation – Proactive attitude|
Applications should include:
– A resume/curriculum vitae (no more than 3 pages) summarizing qualifications and experience;
– An application letter (no more than two pages);
– 3 work referees and contact details.
Please indicate your expectation for remuneration/salary in your application
Submit applications by November 30th, 2015